As a dairy business, your cattle and your equipment are everything. As a result, investing in your herd, milking machines and the wider farm is a superb way to scale your business and achieve your goals in the long term.
No matter what you are looking to achieve, it is important that you know and understand the finance options that are available to you.
In this article, our experts explore your available funding options, including livestock leasing, as well as some of the benefits to your farm that finance provides.
What dairy cattle finance options are available?
There are numerous possibilities for funding that are tailored to suit your farm’s specific needs, helping your business to grow affordably.
From loans to leasing agreements, there are a whole host of finance options to help you gain access to dairy cattle, farm equipment and more, all without the need for a large upfront investment. This covers:
- Finance leasing – Lease cattle for a set period without the need for a large, upfront investment.
- Hire purchase – Perfect for gaining immediate access to farm equipment you want to own in the long run, but don’t have the immediate capital to buy outright.
- Loans – Outright loans may be the best bet for you, allowing you to increase cash reserves for non-asset based requirements before paying it back at a set interest rate over a period of time.
If you’re not sure which finance options are best for you, get in touch with our team of livestock and farm finance experts today.
What are the benefits of dairy cattle finance?
Your main goal is likely to remain profitable while growing your operation.
If this is the case, then dairy cattle finance poses lots of unique opportunities for farmers:
- Grow your herd while protecting your cash flow
- Improve cow genetics & diversity
- Increase milk production
Dairy cattle finance will help you to free up cash flow, allowing you to protect your cash reserves for other more pressing concerns, all the while gaining access to the livestock you need in order to grow your business.
Do you need dairy cattle finance?
If you are looking for a cost-effective way to grow your dairy farm or increase the number of cows on your farm, then chances are dairy cattle finance is the right solution for you.
While you may be looking to grow your herd, you may also be looking at how you want to diversify your business. Many farms are now:
- Opening up their own farm shops
- Setting up a campsite on their property
- Hosting events
- Providing a local delivery service
All of the above require upfront investment and Finance for Farms can help to finid a suitable finance solution for your goals.
How do I apply for dairy cattle finance?
Finance for Farms is a branch of Shire Leasing that specialises in agricultural finance. We support British farmers in securing dairy cattle and other livestock.
Our experts are passionate about finding a flexible finance option for your farm business, and we have a great deal of industry-specific knowledge, allowing us to find the perfect tailored repayment options for dairy farms across the country.
Whether you need the funding to acquire new cattle, or are looking for an equipment lease to allow you to manage and grow your farm effectively, we can help.
Our specialists at Finance for Farms are here to provide:
- Range of agricultural finance options
- A straightforward, plain-speaking finance process
- Your own account manager who understands the industry and cares about your business
To find out more about how we can help you support your farm’s success, don’t hesitate to contact our Finance for Farms team today to discover the available leasing options we can provide.