Shire Leasing PLC has announced its corporate sponsorship of the March of the Elephants art trail, a spectacular event that will take place in Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield and Lichfield in 2024. The trail, organised by St Giles Hospice, will feature over 30 life-sized elephant sculptures, each individually designed by local…
Our CSR Committee’s main responsibility is to encourage a positive impact on society. We do this by supporting local charities, ensuring the welfare of our staff and protecting the environment. Shire holds a different charity day every quarter to help local and national charities.
- Environment: To generate new ideas that promote and support Shire’s green agenda. To comply with relevant environmental legislation, protect the environment and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air and water. We aim to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of resources.
- Local Community: To enhance our volunteering and fundraising activities for third party good causes by looking at working with different charities and encouraging our employees to volunteer. We currently hold a charity day on a monthly basis; you can see these below.
- Employees: To ensure we maintain a healthy and happy workplace by coordinating all well-being, mental health, diversity and inclusion initiatives. As an employer, we want to encourage healthy lifestyles where possible, so we aim to be approachable at all times and share tips with our staff.
- Each employee receives a re-usable water bottle to encourage employees to keep hydrated and to reduce overall plastic waste from plastic cups.
- Recycling bins have been introduced throughout each floor.
- New kitchen facilities, such as replacing kettles with boiled water dispensers and new, energy efficient fridges.
- Set charity days throughout the year supporting national and local charites with fundraising days, donating time and tangible items.
- Regular articles in the quarterly internal magazine on staff wellbeing.
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly to each department.
- A Clear Desk Policy to ensure that maximum precautions are taken to protect stakeholder information and data.
Shire Leasing PLC has signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
The Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health is a voluntary agreement seeking to support employers in working within the spirit of its positive approach. The Charter is one element of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER® initiative which is aimed at increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and supporting businesses in recruiting and retaining staff.
Planting a tree for every new lease
Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas, creating far-ranging environmental and health effects across the globe. Through a partnership with Play It Green, every new lease transaction we fund will result in a tree being planted. Simple and immediate action with the aim of making a difference to the environment.
The impact of the new initiative goes further than reforestation by also tackling poverty in the regions where trees are planted. The scheme will promote and enable opportunities of fair employment to people living in impoverished communities, allowing them to become transformational agents of global forest restoration.
Read about our CSR efforts
In June 2023, employees from Shire Leasing (a top UK 50 asset finance company based in Tamworth) raised and provided donations for Tamworth Food Bank and The Hygiene Bank, two charities supporting local people in need from Tamworth and wider communities. Shire Leasing often supports charities and good causes, with…
On Thursday 15th June, individuals and businesses came together to take part in a charity golf tournament at Woodbury Park Golf Club to support, raise awareness and raise funds for the England and Wales Blind Golf Association. Since 1989, the charity has aimed to provide visually impaired individuals with the…