After months of planning, it was a great pleasure to finally host #TimeToTalkLF19 – an evening where representatives from across the business finance industry came together to discuss mental health at work. (Read the pre-event blog for further background on…
Our CSR Committee’s main responsibility is to encourage a positive impact on society. We do this by supporting local charities, ensuring the welfare of our staff and protecting the environment. Shire holds a different charity day every month to help local and national charities.
- Environment: To comply with relevant environmental legislation, protect the environment and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air and water. We aim to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of resources.
- Local Community: To look at working with local and national charities and encourage our employees to volunteer. We currently hold a charity day on a monthly basis; you can see these below.
- Employees: To ensure we maintain a healthy and happy workplace. As an employer, we want to encourage healthy lifestyles where possible, so we aim to be approachable at all times and share tips with our staff.
Total £ Donated To Charity
- 2019 (To date)
- 2019 (To date)
- Each employee receives a re-usable water bottle to encourage employees to keep hydrated and to reduce overall plastic waste from plastic cups.
- Recycling bins have been introduced throughout each floor.
- New kitchen facilities, such as replacing kettles with boiled water dispensers and new, energy efficient fridges.
- Set charity days throughout the year supporting national and local charites with fundraising days, donating time and tangible items.
- Regular articles in the quarterly, internal magazine, ‘Share’, on staff wellbeing.
- Introduction of fruit boxes to each department.
- Healthier snacks available in vending machines.
- Introduced a Clear Desk Policy to ensure that maximum precautions are taken to protect stakeholder information and data.
Shire Leasing PLC has signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
The Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health is a voluntary agreement seeking to support employers in working within the spirit of its positive approach. The Charter is one element of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER® initiative which is aimed at increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and supporting businesses in recruiting and retaining staff.
Charities we’re supporting in 2019
Read about our charity efforts
With values such as honesty and relationship being key to our ethos, Shire Leasing are spearheading an open discussion around mental health at work within the B2B asset finance industry through a #TimeToTalk day, in order to destigmatise the topic…