Shire Leasing launches new sustainability partnership with HOME, Manchester’s centre for international contemporary art, theatre, music and film. The 2021/22 sponsorship, which adds to Shire’s existing CSR and environmental improvement initiatives, will be used to fund HOME’s sustainability work, including programming, travel schemes and other green initiatives. Committed to best…
Our CSR Committee’s main responsibility is to encourage a positive impact on society. We do this by supporting local charities, ensuring the welfare of our staff and protecting the environment. Shire holds a different charity day every month to help local and national charities.
- Environment: To comply with relevant environmental legislation, protect the environment and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air and water. We aim to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of resources.
- Local Community: To look at working with local and national charities and encourage our employees to volunteer. We currently hold a charity day on a monthly basis; you can see these below.
- Employees: To ensure we maintain a healthy and happy workplace. As an employer, we want to encourage healthy lifestyles where possible, so we aim to be approachable at all times and share tips with our staff.
- Each employee receives a re-usable water bottle to encourage employees to keep hydrated and to reduce overall plastic waste from plastic cups.
- Recycling bins have been introduced throughout each floor.
- New kitchen facilities, such as replacing kettles with boiled water dispensers and new, energy efficient fridges.
- Set charity days throughout the year supporting national and local charites with fundraising days, donating time and tangible items.
- Regular articles in the quarterly, internal magazine, ‘Share’, on staff wellbeing.
- Introduction of fruit boxes to each department.
- Healthier snacks available in vending machines.
- Introduced a Clear Desk Policy to ensure that maximum precautions are taken to protect stakeholder information and data.
Shire Leasing PLC has signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
The Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health is a voluntary agreement seeking to support employers in working within the spirit of its positive approach. The Charter is one element of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER® initiative which is aimed at increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and supporting businesses in recruiting and retaining staff.
Read about our charity efforts
Thursday 4th February 2021 marks Time To Talk Day. Shire hosted virtual sessions throughout the day, to provide our employees with the opportunity to talk about mental health. What is Time to Talk? Time to Talk Day is a campaign led by Time To Change, to change the way people…
Shire Leasing PLC has been appointed by Bath & North East Somerset Council to deliver the UK’s first financial assistance scheme to support businesses affected by the introduction of clean air zones to invest in lower emission vehicles. The finance scheme has been launched to support Bath’s Clean Air Zone (CAZ),…